David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Sunday 30 June 2013

The Stones at Glastonbury

From time to time, when the occasion allows, I am happy to point out the success rate of the horse racing tips that I put on here.
If I could just refer you to the posting of 15/4. I recommended investment with Paddy Power on the first and last songs to be played by the Rolling Stones at Glastonbury.
I studied the previous form, I thought about it, and would have landed the double of Jumping Jack Flash and Satisfaction had doubles been allowed by the wily bookmaker.
Opinion seems to be divided on the Stones' performance between the obvious observation that it is embarrassing to see old men still trying to cut it and those who were overwhelmed to be in the presence of such a legend. My own opinion was divided during the show but Satisfaction was tremendous. I wouldn't want to have been there but, let us not be churlish or ungracious, the Stones enhanced their reputation last night.