David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Sunday 30 June 2013

Acclaim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7h0yYT8U3E

This was a genuinely moving moment for me on Friday night. My favourite band from 30 years ago, in those dark days at a not very good University that has risen to number 11 in the University charts since I left. But Chic are better than ever even if Odyssey might have made better, sadder records at the time.
But what strikes me most about it, watching it again, is not the minimal riff and lyrics from which Nile Rodgers garners so much, and it's not even the great communal feeling, the invitation to dance on stage with Chic, no matter if you are not as glamorous as them.
It's the rapturous reception it gets. It reminds me of what happens whenever I mumble my way through one of my poems.