David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Monday 22 October 2012

Spot the Ball

One of the miseries involved in football in my childhood was how impossible it was to 'spot the ball' in these daft competitions.
And so, I've rather inexpertly scrubbed the ball off this photo from Portsmouth Ladies v Cardiff Ladies yesterday, which was a quite exciting 3-3 draw, and I invite you to send me a copy of this picture with an x where you think the ball is, assuming you are good enough at computers to do that, and the closest will win a very inappropriate prize. A poetry prize, I expect, because if I ever get Shelly Cox's autograph, I'll probably keep it myself.
I've become a bit of a supporter this season, although first deceived into thinking I was watching Premier League football when actually there is a Super League above it. But, never mind. I would have never known aboout Gemma Hillier, Charley Wilson or Shelly Cox otherwise.
Best of luck to them.