David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Saturday 20 October 2012

BrandosHat

I miss him so much. I had to have a look at what he's up to.

It's the same old story, I'm afraid. He's still issuing prescriptive lists of what we all ought to be reading although they are olde worlde recommendations of completely predictable poets from a tired idea of challenging some perceived idea of orthodoxy. And you don't get much more orthodox than that.

It was ever thus. Men will be men and want to try on what they think are tough guys clothes, like the leather jackets that their heroes wear. But it doesn't look right on them somehow and they are the only ones who don't realize.

It's a wide church, poetry. Everybody can play. Those who try to look 'cool' are always the ones who don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.