David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 27 October 2016

The Saturday Nap

Anybody who believed in that theory that it is impossible to create perpetual motion ought to consider the constant flow of the same money between Paddy Power and I that sees it pour towards me on weekdays and flood back again on Saturdays. It is as regular, predictable and ineluctable as the tides.
Thus, Clondaw Cracker (Wetherby, 2.10) tomorrow is nominated as the closest thing to a copper-bottomed certainty to break the pattern of this woebegon project.
With the stable in such form and the odds against gone before I could line up other horses to multiply it by, it must go in even if we have to take 4/5. And then maybe we'll have another go on Saturday.