David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 21 October 2016

The Saturday Nap

It's been a tidy week, here in Lake Wobegon. You wouldn't think it from the returns so far from The Saturday Nap but it's mostly going to plan and finding winners, at least in the week, has been as easy as picking foxes from a tree.
Anyboby downhearted by being £20 down to a level £10 stake after two weeks should remember that last year we opened with two losers but eventually finished in front and in 2014, the record shows that I managed to nominate six consecutive losers from the start but then retrieved the situation with a treble, by which time admittedly most would have lost faith.
I had been waiting for Shantou Village, that runs in the novice chase, but no tipster gets any credit for an odds on winner and so confidence is high about Adrien du Pont (Cheltenham, 3.00) with Paul Nicholls having begun the season proper firing in winners with lucrative regularity.