David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 1 May 2009

Signed Poetry Books- Touch by Thom Gunn



Perhaps my favourite in my collection of signed poetry books is the copy of Touch signed by Thom Gunn at Cambridge in 1979. It was Weds 14 November and I had taken the train from Lancaster, changing at Leeds, to stay with a friend in Downing College.
I don't remember very much of the reading now except that he read Bally Power Play, the poem about pinball that was later published in The Passages of Joy and that when getting this book signed afterwards I failed to make the most of the opportunity to talk to my big hero. He said that the cover of Touch was his favourite among his books. There was nobody else waiting for his attention and I should have said they were my favourite of his poems, too, but I was 20 years old and a bit overawed and I just thanked him and shuffled away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.