David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 7 May 2009

My Favourite Poem - Daniel Parsons



Friends, poets and readers of the website are invited to take part in this new feature in which you are simply asked to nominate your favourite poem. If you feel like saying a few words about your choice then please do but it isn't compulsory. You can e-mail via the address on the profile.

I am grateful to Daniel Parsons for starting us off with an appropriately early selection, The Iliad by Homer.

http://classics.mit.edu/Homer/iliad.html

Daniel remarks that he noticed a taste for violence in poetry in his choice, having also considered Ted Hughes and Daddy by Sylvia Plath.

It is Homer that is pictured here, not Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.