David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Sunday 24 May 2009

Signed Poetry Books - Ted Hughes


My signed Wolfwatching was an e-Bay bargain. It was a 'return to form' when first published, or at least a return to publishing animal poems rather than the myths and legends of his sequences. I have sometimes thought that the success of Crow led Ted down a less successful career path.

Still required by my collection, which runs to 20-or so poets now, are Auden, Eliot and Larkin. Although Auden is likely to be gettable, the others are quite expensive now. I do regret being a little too circumspect when some Larkin items became available on the Larkin Society's forum some years ago. It doesn't pay to be too polite sometimes and a crucial opportunity was missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.