David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 6 May 2009

Signed Poetry Books- Carol Ann Duffy



While she's in the news, it's a good time for Carol Ann Duffy to continue this occasional series.

I took a handful of books to the Philip Larkin Society Conference in Hull in 1997 in the hope of getting them signed. Ms. Duffy was one of the poets engaged to read on the last night. I followed her towards the bar afterwards and said, 'Excuse me, miss' to gain her attention but I'm not sure my jokey intent was taken as such. She can seem a bit fearsome even though I'm sure she's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.