David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 14 May 2009

My Favourite Poem - Phil Green


In an unlikely coincidence that I certainly didn't see coming, my dad has chosen the same poet as me.

I'm guessing that since my father isn't known to be the most avid of poetry fans, his choice has something to do with the poem having steam trains in it but, you never know. Next time I'm visiting, if I find a copy of the Letter to Lord Byron left open on an armchair then I'll know that all these years we have been missing out on a shared interest.

Phil Green's choice of favourite poem is Night Mail by W.H. Auden.

http://www.sovereignty.org.uk/siteinfo/newsround/auden.html

Thank you very much to all who have contributed to this feature so far. And further contributions will be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.