David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Sunday 16 January 2011

Some Minds Think Alike

There's consensus for you, and something reassuring.
The same day that my little piece on Postmodern Play appears, Todd Swift at Eyewear is saying something very similar, http://toddswift.blogspot.com/ 'Snowing on Raine', Jan 14,
Paul Muldoon's poem of 1994, "Incantata", is arguably the most influential mid-length poem written in Ireland and the UK in the last two decades - and perhaps the finest, too. It has certainly had a huge impact on a certain sort of longish, clever, playful, sinuous, syntactically and formally adept poem that Paul Farley, John Stammers, Don Paterson and Roddy Lumsden (to name a few of the best mainstream poets writing after Muldoon) like to write.

It is disappointing to see he got there a couple of hours before I did and I should have rushed to the web sooner, but some minds, whether or not great, think alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.