David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Sunday 9 January 2011

Sixteen Quid to see Roger McGough

http://www.newtheatreroyal.com/index.php/whats-on/roger-mcgough

I was just wondering whether to make a trip to LRB in London next month to see Don Paterson, Jo Shapcott and David Harsent. It's six pounds and the travel won't cost much more than that if arranged parsimoniously.
Then I picked up the programme for the New Theatre Royal and my eyes stood out on stalks as if in a cartoon on seeing that Roger McGough wants sixteen pounds for you to hear him read his pomes.

Sixteen Quid to see Roger McGough

Roger McGough
That Awkward Age
Sat 19 February7.30pm
Tickets £16

I know in a recession times are tough
and poets need to live and all that stuff
but that looks to me like a rip-off.
For that much I'd want Peter Ustinov.

For half that we saw Macbeth killed by Macduff.
This is beyond a joke. Enough's enough.
I don't know what they can be thinking of
- it's sixteen quid to see Roger McGough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.