David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Sunday 7 July 2019

Racetrack Wiseguy

Frankie got Falcon Eight up on the line in the marathon at Sandown yesterday to pay the expenses, everything else being provided by Corals without me having to bet them for it.
He then helicoptered off to Deauville to ride Too Darn Hot today about which I'm glad to have availed myself of 6/4 last night.
The passing of John McCririck mainly served to highlight the safe, formulaic nature of the coverage of racing on ITV now without him, John Francome or those of olden days who gave it some attitude. One can't imagine such a lively exchange as this being shown these days,