David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Tuesday 23 July 2019

Britain Trump
















And there was me thinking I'd packed up writing poems.
Needs must. 



Britain Trump

they call him Britain Trump,
          The President of the United States of America


When one incompetent scoundrel
Endorses another,
Alarms go off, a warning bell
Tells us to take cover.

All afternoon a news blackout
Was imposed where I live.
I dare not look. This lazy lout
That I’ll never forgive

For simply being what he is,
Who said he wasn’t fit
In one of his better speeches,
Is still, somehow, now it.