David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 2 November 2017

Top 6 and My Favourite Poem - Alex Johnson

I am delighted to have Alex Johnson as special guest here today in a quick revival of our old features Top 6 and My Favourite Poem.
Anybody else who would like to contribute to either, or both, of these quaint parlour games, saying a few words if you wish, please e-mail them in and I'll deal with the avalanche over the weekend.


Favourite poem is, and I'm going to cheat here, jointly The Roman Centurion's Song by Kipling and the Popular Song from Edith Sitwell's Façade. Forced to pick one, it would be the Sitwell.

How about my top 6 characters in A Dance to the Music of Time by Anthony Powell? (my favourite novel)
- Hugh Moreland
- Dr Trelawney
- Pamela Flitton
- Uncle Giles
- General Conyers
- Dicky Umfraville


Alex Johnson is the author of A Book of Book Lists, among other things.