David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 17 November 2017

The Saturday Nap

West Approach (Cheltenham, 1.15, nap) is the confident, ebullient, devil-may-care headline selection this week in the hope that such impetus will carry it home.
It was the implicit nap a few weeks ago when I said it would win and run up a sequence and everything else I mentioned that day won apart from the short-priced failure that was given nap status.
Impressive then, I'm keeping the faith.
So this time we are on even if our new theme tune is the New Christy Minstrels until further notice.



We will persevere as the Professor and I are off to Ascot next week to enjoy the hospitality of his bookmaker, Mr. Joe Coral, so it's not time to abandon hope yet. And, as part of the full package, the Prof. will be guesting here, too, in the Top 6 feature with his Top 6 Racehorses.
And I'm expecting him on the wire with his pick for tomorrow any minute now.
--
Here he is.
Hello, Professor.
Ah, in customary cavalier fashion, he thinks he can get a favourite beat.

Apples Shakira.  12.40 Cheltenham.
Best of luck, sir.