David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 3 November 2017

The Saturday Nap

Inevitably, the double I looked at but decided against for today went in sweet as a nut.
That is what happens. On a downward spiral and taking a few days out to have a rest from it, I lined up two at 6/4 and 5/4 on the betting forecast but when they both opened last night at 4/6, the payout was more than somewhat reduced so I left it.
Tomorrow's cards at Ascot and Wetherby are good stuff but not much appeals as solid betting material so I'll go to Down Royal for Tower Bridge in the second, impressive winner of two bumpers that looks like a good thing.
The Prof is globe-trotting to the Breeders Cup for Highland Reel in the Turf.