David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 10 November 2017

The Saturday Nap

It's nearly time to draw a line under what's left of the profit for 2017. I'm not handing back any more of it.
A confident double went astray at Exeter on Tuesday when Just a Sting was backed from 3/1 to 11/10 only to get beat half a length and then Politologue won the Haldon Cup. Prudence paid its own dividend on Thursday when I was wondering whether to go all in on If You Say Run at Ludlow at 4/7. It was smashed down to 2/7 and got beat as well so at least I didn't go down with it.
Tomorrow's nap was to be If The Cap Fits in the first at Wincanton but 8/13 is the best available. We could double it up with TheDellercheckout in the first at Aintree but there's a few to worry about in that so I don't plan to back anything but for the odds against I'll nominate TheDellercheckout (Aintree 12.30, nap) and hope that the nap's fortunes do better without the burden of my cash.
The Professor has wired in with Mont de Avalours against If The Cap Fits so we are head to head with him going for the value.