David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 9 December 2016

The Saturday Nap

Today was never going to be a day to get overly involved at Cheltenham. I have now spent this year's profit from betting and so am not inclined to take too many risks and jeopardize the position.
Tomorrow, though, is too good to miss. Defi du Seuil and Domperignon du Lys are both horses I want on my side so I won't be picking between them in the first. I'm never quite sure about My Tent or Yours, or The New One these days, so the International Hurdle will be another to sit out. But Different Gravy (12.50) is one not to miss and the better price of Wholestone (2.25) makes him a confident nap.
Midnight Tour in the last is one to either play up some profit or attempt to make amends with.