David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 21 December 2016

The Christmas Nap

It's gradually becoming clearer what will run where in the big races, with Ireland especially having mid-season prizes for all the big guns to play for.
We can expect Min and Nichols Canyon to win at odds on. I'll probably suggest Vroum Vroum Mag might be worth a go against Yanworth over Kempton's two miles but much of the programme will be best watched rather than fall victim to all the temptations to plunge in.
If the King George comes down to a jumping contest, one might not want to rely on Thistlecrack outjumping Cue Card. I don't want to choose between Valseur Lido and Djakadam in the Lexus. Many will be of the opinion that Bapaume can improve past Landofhopeandglory and there's Vicente lurking in the Welsh National betting at 16/1 asking to be backed each way.
It's wise to sit tight while it's all still ante-post and wait until we can have non-runner, no bet. But I will suggest that Frodon (Kempton, Boxing Day, 2.05) is one of the best novice jumpers, qua jumping, for a long time and currently quoted at 3/1, I'll have that all day to beat his stablemate Present Man who surely hasn't been in with quite the same level of opposition. That's the nap.

If The Professor comes through with his value recommendation, I'll let you know but I must point out that it isn't me that's responsible for it.
 --
And that was him, coming down the line as clear as a bell just now. He goes Vroum Vroum on Boxing Day, too, and when we agree we are unstoppable.