David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 18 September 2014

Such a Parcel of Rogues

I don't know if this is a good song to listen to today, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLufwtSZiIs

It is a tremendous piece of music and that is all I care about.

The campaign brought out all the worst in politicians, which admittedly is not a difficult thing to do. But the highlight for me was when a caller to Radio 5 said that Alex Salmond had the charisma of a snake.

I'm sure that is unkind. Personally, I did used to like him. But the depths to which the campaign descended seemed to make it almost fair game. But, if that, then what about the charisma of one like John Redwood.

And, given all of that, they still might get a turnout of 80% and so perhaps the collateral benefit is that it has made folk take a political point of view. And, for all we know, that might be a good thing.