David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Re-read, kindle edition


No, don't click to look inside. This is just a picture. But by all means go to Amazon here, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Re-read-Selected-Poems-David-Green-ebook/dp/B00NMOMFF4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410992538&sr=1-1&keywords=david+green+re-read

But please don't pay money to download it now when it will be free to download from Sept 30th, for five days, so that we can see where we get to in the Amazon Free Poetry Kindle Charts. You never know, we might make the Top 10 this time. It makes me feel like David Cassidy, being in the charts.

My Technical Dept. readily sprang into action once I suggested we could put more of the back catalogue into kindle editions.
These poems are by now 10 years old and more, going back to the late 1970's, just about. But they still read very well to me, probably still represent the right choice of 29 poems to represent the best of my poems to the age of 45 and now I have finally found a place to put that lost child, the poem This, which never found a place until it became the bonus poem in this edition.
I'm very pleased with this new format, taking on board suggestions from my professional team, like a cover illustration and the vainglorious use of a quotation from a review as blurb.
I won't mention the reviewer's name here but I do still owe them a drink for such a sympathetic reading of the book all those years ago and if I do ever meet them, the G&T's are on me.