David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 18 November 2011

The Saturday Nap Week Five

Nobody's perfect but at least when we're not, we have so far explained why not in advance.

Last week it seemed to be very much the larger Cheltenham obstacles that prevented a very willing and able Restless Harry from continuing our run of success but excuses don't pay out and I realize that we do need to get back on track immediately having only ostensibly tipped an 8/11 winner in the last three weeks.

There is a tremendous day's racing in prospect tomorrow and that more or less means for the unwary that one is a likely fall guy for lots of old bookmaker's tricks like showing you good horses that you've won on before that you assume are going to be lucky for you again. But the question in a horse race is not 'which is the best horse in this race' but 'which one is going to win today'. Long Run is unlikely to stay unbeaten throughout the season and first time up against some who might be fitter and aimed more specifically at lesser prizes than Kempton on Boxing Day or the Cheltenham Gold Cup could be the time he's most likely to not come first but by which horse he will be bested is hard to say and I'm not going to say Weird Al although I'd like to.
There are such tempting propositions as the return of an old favourite like Get Me Out of Here but there must be safer options and it looks as if in the morning I'll be choosing between Grandouet and Oscar Whisky. In fact, you'd think both should be short-priced good things. I'm happy enough to take the even money about Oscar Whisky, Ascot 2.45, now and unless I've posted a change of mind by 11.30 in the morning, that has to be the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.