David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Michael

I was told by a friend that her friend's partner had died. He wasn't someone I had met but I had heard plenty about him over the years. Would I write something for him. Well, I didn't know him., etc. Okay, I'll see what I can do.
And now it might be read at the Catholic Cathedral in Portsmouth at the funeral. It's a strange feeling.


Michael

The world enjoys some showmanship, bravado,
A challenge to reticence done with style.
There’s no point having rules if you obey them
And the way it’s done defines the man.

We know that everything is temporary,
That even kings can only briefly reign.
Some go bravely, unwilling to concede it,
And fly south forever into the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.