David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 1 February 2024

How It Happened

 
 
The mood here is still vibrant after this morning's achievement of a rating of 2000 at Rapid chess, 10 minute games, at Lichess. This feels like my biggest sporting moment for a long time. Possibly since 1995 but at least since achieving 2000 at Blitz.
I was actually gifted it by my higher-rated opponent but at this level, that's what happens. The analysis by Stockfish shows that at move 49, white should not have played Qb1, the pawn to g4 is best. But I still had to notice that Bxh3 for black means he can't take it with the pawn and taking it with the king lets my queen zip back down to h5 for checkmate. White could have survived with Rg1 but he didn't do that either.
Stockfish says he made 5 blunders in 50 moves whereas I only made 1 with my accuracy at 82% and his at 74 but that'll do for me. I got lucky but at least took the chance when it was offered. The Rapid rating of 2005 puts me in the top 7.5% at Lichess and that's where it will stay as I undertake the long haul of doing something similar in Classical, 30 minute, games. Geeting to 1850 will be the first target.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.