David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 18 August 2023

Racetrack Wiseguy at Perth

It's a bit of a stretch to get to Perth for tomorrow afternoon but while the attention of ITV is on the flat action at Newbury, Newmarket and Ripon, about which I have no idea, it just might be one of those days to sneak in the back door and possibly help oneself to some obvious free pickings while most people are looking elsewhere.
Once in a while one can't help but think there's an opprtunity to 'go through' a card. That sort of thing doesn't very often happen and certainly not when one thinks it might. The results usually turn out to be no better than any other meeting might have been but, with the proven track record, and paid for by it, one can have a little go at being a mug punter, blindly believing that one might just get it all right.
I want two goes at the 3.55 because it's unreasonable to think all the in-form good things are all going to go in and I reckon I'll want three winners together in a treble to get my studiously parsimonious outlay back. Fortune does not favour the foolhardy; success isn't a matter of luck, it's a matter of sticking to a plan that works.
But,
2.15 Oliver's Travels (nap)
2.45 A Different Kind
3.20 Liverpool Knight
3.55 Dalileo, and River of Joy
4.30 Judge Earle (pictured)
5.06 Born Famous
 
If it was that easy everybody would be doing it but sometimes a lot of favourites all line up like an alignment of planets promising a calm sea and a prosperous voyage.
It's money that was once the bookmaker's that I'm playing with so I'm dancing without jeopardy on their bit of dancefloor. I'm always grateful for their hospitality. As the summer jumping season will soon have to acknowledge that its warm-up act will soon have to give way to the proper business, the winter game, maybe some of these will cash in one more time. And if they all do, that will be fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.