David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 9 June 2023

Arise, Sir Jacob


 

 

 

 

 

 


Arise, Sir Jacob 

Arise, Sir Jacob, from your supine pose,
to that entitlement and honour you 
presumably assume is among those
you had somehow long been entitled to.
 
I hope Sir Cliff, Sirs Paul, Elton and Rod 
will now be sending theirs back having seen
how absurd this medieval, slip-shod
'honour' has, to say the least, always been.
 
For services to what? Only yourself,
a little England that there never was
except for in your imagination.
Your only reasons to be were your wealth
and making a big show of how you doss
on front benches. You betrayed your nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.