David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 28 October 2022

Racetrack Wiseguy

Saturdays like tomorrow are very much the sort of days one is interested in horse racing for with good horses coming back for the jumps season and running against each other.
It was all looking cosy here earlier in the week but two steps forward can be followed by some steps back, hopefully not too many. Luckily, I have a bright idea. 
Goshen in the first at Ascot (1.30) has been a bit haphazard over hurdles and so it remains to be seen what he makes of fences. He should win by a long way on talent but strange things happen to him so he's in the combinations but not trusted with the main money.
Paul Nicholls is rarely shy about his horses and especially not Bravemansgame of who he expects great things. I'm a big fan, too, but desert him tomorrow for Anoy Senor (Wetherby 3.35) who has possibly produced more so far in competitive races and so he's again one for the little three-timer rather than a big investment,
because I'm seriously interested in Molly Olly's Wishes (Wetherby 2.25) taking the mares race she won last year and 11/8 is a very fair price. She represents the sort of bet that, if she did get beat, I'd say okay, fair enough, but I'd do the same thing again. We would be nowhere without belief and I'll still be somewhere if it all goes wrong.
If and when she wins there'll be time to re-invest a small amount on Before Midnight (Ascot 2.40), possibly in a reverse forecast with Nassalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.