David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 2 August 2018

Top 6 - Jews

It came as no surprise to me and won't to many of my acquaintance that I am to a large extent Jewish, Ashkenazi to be precise.
My nephew has shared the results of a DNA test and I've taken the most exotic bits that can be applied to me as confirmation of what I've really known all along. So I'm not going to kvetsh about it, I'll be mentsh, and I won't get schmaltzy like a schmuck. Shalom.

I'm going to find myself a menorah and maybe even visit the synagogue. Mind you, those of us in the family to who this most applies also have significant amounts of Kurdish and Druze in us, too, so it's a potent mixture.

So, in celebration, largely of my shmoozey spiel, Top 6 Jews.

Felix Mendelssohn
Marc Bolan
Marc Chagall
Anne Frank
Amy Winehouse
Bob Dylan


Alefbet ivri.svg