David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 17 January 2013

Green on Gunn


It is the dream ticket. It will make Miles Davis talking about John Coltrane look like Jim Davidson talking about Bernard Manning.

In a change to the advertised programme of the Portsmouth Poetry Society, the evening on Thom Gunn will now be on Feb 6th and the American Poets are moved to May 1st in exchange. And, against the protocol by which whoever suggested the idea for the meeting thereby introduces it, Pauline very modestly said that 'she doesn't know anything about Thom Gunn' and so it was decided most democratically by me that I, who know loads of things about him, will be doing it.

You are invited to attend at 7.30 at St. Mark's Church, Derby Road, North End, Portsmouth, and bring Gunn poems to read and discuss. And I will bring a selection of iconic memorabilia from my collection to be enjoyed by all.   http://portsmouthpoetrysociety.moonfruit.com/#/about/4555663882