David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Sunday 28 February 2021

The Likely Lads Get Vaccinated

The Likely Lads Get Vaccinated

We never thought that it would come to this,
Exchanging repartee in our old job
Where I addressed the managers as ‘Miss’
And if you were Terry, I must be Bob.

We’d also quote Jim Royle and both Steptoes
And left poetry readings at half-time, 
Back to the pub being the place one goes 
When it’s too hot indoors to enjoy rhyme.

But now we qualify for our first jab 
On what some think is the first day of Spring.
I’ll see you in the usual place, Soft Lad, 
And hope we can still remember to bring 
Proof of our dates of birth and all such stuff 
Though one look at us ought to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.