David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Sunday 14 February 2021

Stoned Love

 

I don't imagine for one minute that the passing of Bob Dylan, Robert Plant or maybe not even Paul McCartney will qualify them for a memorial here but Mary Wilson's does.
It's not that they weren't any good but I don't play their records much, if at all, and so they weren't as good for me.
Johnnie Walker's 70's Show was respectful enough to give Mary some space this afternoon on Radio 2, among his preference for West Coast American white boys doing their dreary turns and one was grateful for that. One of Tony Blackburn's dubious regular claims, week after week, on the 60's show, is how he remembers dashing out to the record shop to buy some early 60's 7-inch single. Well, I'm with him now, at least. I remember buying Stoned Love and it doesn't sound any less wonderful now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.