David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Monday 13 February 2012

Valentine's Day

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/feb/10/love-poems-writers-favourites-valentines-day

Poetry is becoming a little bit too closely associated with Valentine's Day from what I've seen in the media this year. It's an unholy alliance. Of course 'love' is one of the recurrent themes in poetry but poetry can be about anything and everything else and is short-changed by being thus typecast - but this feature at least gives an outing to some excellent choices by those asked to select a poem.
Blake Morrison very nearly got it right. Touch is, of course, a seminal and completely wonderful poem but the right answer was Thom's Tamer and Hawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.