David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Dory Previn (1925-2012)



It's not been a good year so far for my favourite octogenarian women but it came as a bit of a surprise to hear that Dory Previn was 86, being still for me the groovy, loose-garmented bed-sit songwriter of confession and some distress.

In the 70's, when one had fewer records to listen to, one listened to the ones one had more and, given a few prompts, I could probably still do most of the Mythical Kings and Iguanas album.

If somewhat thin-skinned, Dory's songwriting was marked by imaginative titles (We're Children of Coincidence and Harpo Marx) and relationship malfunction but always gorgeously done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTNTSmix09A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.