David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Monday 30 January 2012

Love at the Bottom of the Sea







I only just caught this in time. 25th April at the Royal Festival Hall.

It's become something to look out for on a two-year cycle now, though, The Magnetic Fields tour and album.

So, get in before its too late. It will be my third Magnetic Fields concert and, for a devoted admirer, it is an unmissable occasion.

Which did make me count up who else gets into the elite group of artists I've seen three times. It's an unlikely list with the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra presumably heading it with I don't know how many Portsmouth Guildhall concerts. Andrew Motion would be next with 5, then Tasmin Little, Sean O'Brien, Tom Paulin and perhaps John Cooper-Clarke on 3. Elvis Costello, The Clash, Paul Muldoon, Natalie Clein, Simon Armitage, Carol Ann Duffy, The Tallis Scholars and Rod Clements (once with Lindisfarne and once on his own) are definitely among those seen twice.

I think there might be people who have seen me three times but I'd be the first to acknowledge that it wasn't in order to see me that they had gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.