David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 7 December 2023

Sandown Preview with Racetrack Wiseguy

In the hope today's rain hasn't made it unraceable, there's much to look forward to at Sandown tomorrow.
The uphill finish will only help Stay Away Fay (2.25) because stay is exactly what he does and he's becoming a favourite horse that I'll be glad to see and see win again.
The other big race is the classy novice hurdle where Mr. Henderson's Southoftheborder (1.50) is thought highly of and will set out to justify that against Insurrection who dotted up for Mr. Nicholls first time over hurdles but I'd be getting no price at all about this double if they didn't have anything to beat. Those two would do me fine.
Elsewhere, Gary Moore sends his better prospects to Sandown and maybe Hudson de Grugy (1.15) can get the trebles and 4-timer off to a good start at 5/1. In the last, if everything else has gone in, Immortal (3.35) is due for Mr. Henderson by now although he does have to deny West End Boy, of which I am part owner - a very, very small part as part of the Coral Racing Club, who goes for a hat-trick and Nicholls, Moore, Skelton and Tizzard which makes it a much more competitive event than 6/4 fav would suggest it is. I only hope the short price is for good reasons.
So, let's hope the ground passes its examination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.