David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 1 December 2023

Long-Term Book Prospects

 Last time out here I said I couldn't find anything new to read.
Well, I have today at least placed an order. I've been waiting so long - at least 14 years - for more news of a Thom Gunn biography. 14 years is so long that he's fallen from his long-term state of grace at the top of my poetry hit parade and I thought the Letters would have to suffice. However, patience is a virtue and having waited that long, I'll still have it. Delivery is expected in July 2024 although you never can tell.
Michael Nott was one of those involved in the Letters, probably the main one, which was also a heavy book. The biography is 720 pages. I only hope I'm still here when it's delivered.

Also, now I find, the Letters of Seamus Heaney were published recently. How badly do I want them, I wonder. I bought those of Ted Hughes readily enough and I like Heaney and his poems more. I don't know.
My own little effort, roughly in some sort of foundation condition at 22000 words, doesn't read as badly as I thought it might having been through and put in some missing footnotes so I will now have to read it and see if it can be made into anything worth having.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.