David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 25 November 2022

Racetrack Wiseguy

Luccia (Newbury 12.15) did well to swerve a race against Queens Gamble at Cheltenham last time but will have to make her acquaintance eventually, you'd think. She can remain unbeaten, first up tomorrow, though, with Mr. Henderson's horses in good order and I'm glad enough of 2/1 with that all gone already and 13/8 as good as it gets at the minute.
That would actually do but it's unlikely I'll sit and watch all afternoon without having a less serious interest like any other Saturday punter.
I don't think Thyme Hill's a 2/5 shot to beat McFabulous in the 12.45 and would be tempted to put the odds against into some sort of combination, both of them being horses that I like but have let me down more than won in the past but fences was always where McFab was going whereas Thyme Hill would still be going over hurdles, maybe, had he not turned out to be such a 'nearly man'.
You'd think West Balboa (1.55), lightly raced and getting weight from some of the others and the stable going all out for what they can get, would be worth a shot at 7/2.
I heard something about Annsam for the old Hennessey Gold Cup at 3.05 months ago but can't see it myself although it might go into a small change mix of hopeful guesses for small change. I'm a big fan of Fiddlerontheroof but these big prizes are proving just beyond him at the weights and I'm not an each way person. Of course, all the big stables are having a go and most have found some form now so the percentage call, at 9/1, is maybe Threeunderthrufive.
I wouldn't be thrilled about the price of Amarillo Sky in the last but would have him at 2/1. If it were to win, it contributes at whatever price and I like what Joe Tizzard's been doing since taking over the yard and so that's probably two yankees once we've got Luccia in the bank. Those four and then put Annsam in instead of Threeunderthrufive for the other one, for no more than you'd spend on a cup of tea, you understand.
If Luccia doesn't win, we cry, sulk, console ourselves that at least we finished The Times crossword and think again, very carefully. But she will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.