David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 4 November 2022

Racetrack Wiseguy

It's the time of year. I always say it will be and sometimes it is.
5 winners out of 7 today could have been worth more but once Pied Piper's main opposition withdrew, I didn't really have a proper bet left. Still, cashing that in, and Huelgoat at Newbury yesterday who was similarly left long odds on, I collected some small change without even taking part. It's strange but it's true.
Wincanton finally gets some racing on in time for its biggest meeting of the year. There are opportunities to spread the silver across a few races to see if we can multiply a few together but McFabulous (1.15) was always going to jump fences, didn't achieve quite as much as might have been hoped over hurdles but now is the start of the proper job, the stable's in great form and so he's the one.
We are only as good as our next bet but progress has been steady so far this autumn and so we continue to accumulate in our relatively low-risk game.
The Breeders Cup is rarely part of Plan A but I've had a little double on Meditate (Keeneland, 8.20) and Silver Knott (9.40) and those lined up to put together in combinations tomorrow in the UK are,
at Aintree, Grey Dawning (12.26), Brewin'upastorm (2.45), who I was a great admirer of but then he seemed to lose his way but I think he's back now, and Only Money (3.18) which is a bit of a catchphrase here whether we win it or lose it.
at Wincanton, it's ever likely to be a benefit day for Paul Nicholls but I'll only add Kick Up a Storm (4.05) to McFabulous, above.
and, looking at Kelso, any odds against about Kaminsas (3.55) can be put in the mix with the proviso that if I've had 5 out of 7 today, 2 out of 2 tonight and 6 out of 6 tomorrow is a lot to expect.

PS. I hadn't even looked at Down Royal where Galvin (2.32) belatedly becomes the biggest bet of the day with Fury Road (3.07) saved for if it's gone well until then. It's a big day. It's not a 'make or break' day because it can't be a break day, but it might be a disappointing setback day. It doesn't feel like it, though. These are the sort of days one does it for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.