David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 6 July 2022

Racetrack Wiseguy with some 7/1 advice.

Next Conservative Party Leader

It's not my sort of race. It's a weird situation and the previous winner, B. Johnson, was almost a certainty in the circumstances but baulked a trend for Conservative Party Leader contests to overturn favourites and find an unlikely outsider. Such prospects as Whitelaw, Heseltine and Portillo failed and dark horses like Thatcher and Major came from nowhere to win.
Penny Mordaunt is almost favourite under sufferance, seemingly competent but relatively quiet and 'under the radar' during the chaos. Sunak would be an overwhelming favourite had he not got some adverse publicity and, in my view, if he hadn't stuck by Boris for quite so long.
It's not impossible that Penny could be the new Thatcher, or at least Theresa, but in a field as wide open and difficult to judge as this, I'm not sure she's a worthy favourite.
The value might be to go for one who might have some talent, looks like he takes it seriously and could be the one to 'steady the ship' before they all go overboard.
That would be Sajid Javid and you can get 8/1.
Actually, I've talked myself into having a couple of quid on him but Corals were only offering 7's..

The other thing is, we're not sure when the race will be run but it looks like sooner rather than later.
Sajid Javid is Mishriff, the most solid, reliable type in what could be a strange race.
 
Somebody needs to benefit out of this chaos so me, to the tune of £14, might be the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.