David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 6 March 2020

Cheltenham Update

I might have been gratified that Copperhead became the object of significant support soon after I tipped it for next Wednesday's RSA Chase but I was less than gruntled to have missed the 7/1, only had 9/2 in bits of a revised treble and the free £1 bet from Corals. I won't be putting them out of business with that. And now I've come to put anything like money on for next week, it's 3/1.
First rule of tipping- back it yourself before you tell everybody else.
It does, though, constitute a revised nap for the whole of next week given the apparent confidence behind it.
We keep Thyme Hill onside for the Albert Bartlett on Friday.
We don't desert anything but we note that Shiskin is taken on by Envoi Allen in the Supreme on Tuesday and so side with Mr. Henderson against the Irish challenge more conservatively.
With confidence at a low but caring little, it will be a few speculative combinations involving Vinndication, Brewin'upastorm on day one, Goshen on Friday and hoping that the long wait to see Santini in the Gold Cup is worth it even if one is always afraid of the great Davy Russell and realize that, wherever Santini is on the way up the hill, Delta Work will not be far away.

Tomorrow, with Sandown abandoned, is a great day to have off with next week coming up. Stab at any old thing on the ITV7 and, who knows, if you only have seven winners all year they might all come in in those races and you can spend as long as you like luxuriating and enjoying the delights of Waterlooville, that gorgeous Chelmsford of the South.
--
It would have been most remiss of me to update my selections without inviting the two wise men to do the same.
Spenno writes,

Cheltenham is a nightmare this year. Still like my 3 main picks, although would probably add A Plus Tard in the Ryanair, for a winning Yankee! 

As Spitfire Hill is not going to run in any of the chases, my new e/w selection is Eclair De Beaufeu in the Grand Annual. Must admit to backing Mister Malarky at 20/1 in the Ultima and keeping it quiet, sorry.

And the Professor goes,

A couple more in the lesser races. Palladium in the Boodles Hurdle. Has won nicely in his last two races. Won't mind very soft ground.
Birchdale in the coral cup. Didn't look in love with chasing but may have protected his hurdles mark at the same time so looks to have a decent chance. 
-
  
I didn't bother saying that Paisley Park and Tiger Roll are being used to hold yankees together rather than Benie des Dieux. An odds on shot is not really a tip.