David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Sunday 29 July 2018

Rain

Continuing our very occasional series of photographs taken to represent poems. It was a glorious thing to wake up to the sound of rain this morning.
Among any amount of others, it brought to mind Edward Thomas and Don Paterson, in particular,

I love all films that start with rain

Thank heavens for it, and for Don's poem. It's a shame I have to read 732 pages of The Poem in order to fully appreciate every potential aspect of it.
This series does not extend to pop songs and so the picture does not represent Bus Stop by The Hollies.