David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Lager I Up, Landlord

Well I suppose I ought to get myself lagered up ready for the big match. My heart's not really in the drinking but I think the match might go nicely with some Buxtehude cantatas.
Best of luck to the BBC with The One Show and Holby City.
Football lends itself so well to satire that surely it's all been done but we don't let that stop us. The funny names of the players are always a highlight, names like Steve McManaman, Wayne Rooney or, most appropriately, Alan Ball.
So, as this channel's build up, here's my World Cup Best XI,

1 Santa Sunshine

14 Terpsichore Clock
5 Chortal Bangstacker
6 Wumne Hoop

2 Mittwok Drompf
18 Ladida Bootlequack
8 Tostig Hydrant
10 Sylvain Legerdemain
21 Geronimo Coldkettle

9 Dodo
13 Percy Cheesegrievance


My first game of chess this morning I played a bloke from Croatia.
Got myself in a bad position early doors but stuck at it and won on time.
That maybe translates as going behind first half but equalizing and winning in extra time. 


And, win, lose or temporarily draw, can we try to keep the insurance claims down to a minimum.