David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Poetry Pot Hunt


And the winner of the 2013 Portsmouth Poetry Society Competition was, ahem, me.

It seems that it is 7 years since I last won a prize for writing poems. But, there again, you don't win anything if you don't enter anything.

The Italian Chapel, Orkney was judged the winner in a field of 9 poems on a theme of 'recycling'.

I congratulated the judge, who was not present, on a fine choice. It is a privilege to become a part of the history of the society and join the list of winners of the Rummage Cup, so called because it was bought for the purpose from a rummage sale many years ago.

The poem is included in The Perfect Murder.