David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 2 August 2013

Scordatura




















Scordatura
 

The room shifts in unsteady candlelight.
To love you would be impossible now.
Tomorrow is upon us and the cruel 

science of harmonics has been adjusted
to accommodate this sense of release.
How did he know, Heinrich Biber, that to 

retune the violin could drain the world
of light and pack it surreptitiously
into a passacaglia where grief 

and wonder are the same. How would you know
which one was which, which word meant what, because
to love you would be impossible now.