David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 6 August 2009

Signed Poetry Books - Glyn Maxwell


Glyn Maxwell, one of my favourites among contemporary poets, might have been a little bemused to meet me at Oxford in 2006. It was late in the evening and he might have preferred to be left to play the quiz machine in St. Anne's bar but I was determined to meet him.
He assured me we could chat the next day but I didn't have anything particular to say to him. He read from his plays rather than his poems at that event. One of the many poets who have decided to extend their writing into potentially more lucrative areas than poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.