David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Saturday 22 August 2009

Everyday


Everyday

The sea has found its way
in here again, comes and slaps
the land repeatedly
and then goes out to contemplate
whatever it was that it came to say
as if remorse was possible
as if there were some likelihood
that it could behave differently
while birds arriving from the East
do so with such confidence
in formations they knew
before they were born, something
they didn't learn to do
like the knowledge one day peace will come
and when it comes
it will be like the peace that comes
as the waves successively
forever come to wash against the shore.

Farlington Marshes 22/08/09

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.