David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Saturday 30 September 2023

The Listener Crossword

Well, I never. I'm 4 letters away from finishing the Listener crossword. I might have got as many as three clues before but don't usually even understand the guidance.
Completing the grid, though, is only a part of it. This week, there's an extra letter in each clue and you need to make the refrain from a song and the names of its authors from them and then 'solvers must highlight the five characters who come around'.
Well, I can almost make Stock, Aitken and Waterman from the letters I have and then I'm left with ERSFLROOWOSISD and half a dozen ?s.
But I'm thrilled with that performance even if I don't succeed with the remainder.
There might never be another such day. 
--
PS. I've just found an online forum where everybody's saying that was the easiest Listener crossword ever. Not to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.