David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 22 September 2023

Racetrack Wiseguy

 This weekend's racing offers plenty of opportunities but precious few arractive ones. At first I was more than happy to wait just a little bit longer before it's genuinely autumnal and we can get more properly involved.
However, one can still have a look and find oneself persuaded. I'd hate to let a 35/1 double slip by unannounced here. 
I couldn't help but notice Pretty Crystal, Ayr 3.00, significantly shorter than anticipated at 7/2 with the favourite on the drift.
And, fourth in the St. Leger last week and now put over a proper marathon distance in the Irish Cesarewitch, Tower of London, the Curragh, Sunday, 4.10, is backed into early favouritism at 7/1 from 9's with mainly the recent run to worry about, notwithstanding all the other horses. However, done separately and together for money you wouldn't miss, it's a harmless if slightly 'old-fashioned' punt and not without sensible reasons to justify it.
It's more likely to get more serious on Fri 13 October at Chepstow, though, when, increasingly, that seems to be when the jump season properly gets under way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.